Tuesday, June 16, 2009

litmus test of exciting

I don't know if my blogs have been telling lately, but I seem to be quite ready for an adventure. Most of the time, my brain is going to new and unexperienced places, such as randomly searching for exciting new streets in Tallahassee with amazing houses and cool people that will just invite me over for a glass of wine, or a barb-q of epic proportions.

This hasn't happened yet, so I keep my eyes open, and my mind wandering. This week has been a unique example of my desire to do things. If we were to start from last Tuesday, I was directing the Florida Underage Drinking Task Force, which is what the high ups call a "beneficial meeting to discuss a growing problem of society", but what I call "social hour". It wasn't bad, no hiccups, no missed words or rambunctious party members ( thinking house of commons here..), but overall, interesting. Wednesday and Thursday, all I did was try to figure out what to do with myself, because I was getting a little antsy, so I decided to start reading a book. It is called The Shadow of the Wind. Very interesting to me right now because it actually depicts real streets in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. It makes me want to go there and walk around, maybe get some tapas. MM. Tapas.
Friday was a pretty chill day at work, and it was my last day of class this summer ( a whole week earlier than the rest of the suckers, I mean, students). This means that I went to 101 lounge with co workers and enjoyed a nice basket of sweet potato fries. and a couple of martini things. Then I went on a walk with Allyson ( who I know doesn't hate me) and showed her the magic of fireflies in the south. Saturday was a beach day with some friends, and although we all got some sun, I managed to scrape out with only raccoon eyes, which is much better than some of my more sun tolerant and tan friends. Then Joe and I went to a pool hall and he celebrated in true Tallahassee fashion his birthday with guy friends. We all joked, and shot bad pool, but it was definitely the "run and swoop" routine that Eric ( a friend of Joe) and I conceived that eventually won us the title for a bit. It also didn't hurt that I wasn't drinking. heh. Sunday was Joe's real birthday, and he relaxed from the revelry, and we ate chinese food, and then we went over to his brothers place with his family, and ate a great dinner. His brother just got a puppy, so that was what I was playing with the whole time, and seriously thought about putting it in my purse, until I remembered I didn't take my purse in. Damn.
Now that I have no classes, I seem to just want to do things, but alas, lack of money hits kids like me hard.

oh well. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment