Thursday, May 14, 2009

the difference on pages

Yesterday, I went to Target to try to peruse the aisles for something to jump out as a good birthday gift for my boyfriend. Nothing did, but in my wanderings, I went over to my standby, the magazine rack. Now, just so we dont get ahead of ourselves, I absolutely loathe the fact that "women magazines" have to deal with pregnancy, weddings, hair styles, sex, and fashion. You go over to the "men magazines", and all of a sudden, you get things like, how to take care of yourselves, how to grow your own garden, and political things you need to know to be informed citizens.

Now, I want something that is similar to GQ for women. Right now, GQ is my all time favorite mens magazine. Its sharp, a little crass, very visually stimulating, and all together stylishly sexy.
Do you know of a womens magazine that has all that? I can think of several different magazines doing this, Real Simple can tell you how to grow your own garden, and how to buy a raincoat under 30 dollars, and vogue can tell you how to do your hair for this falls runway show, but I don't know of any womens magazines that tell you " what to expect in '09s politics" .. really???

Why the gender difference? Ergh. I want a magazine that is like vanity fair plus glamour plus real simple put together without having to pay 20 dollars for all three.

1 comments:

Allyson said...

Well said! Let's start our own men's magazine for women!

Post a Comment