Thursday, August 6, 2009

modernity in tallahassee

Ugh. I am soo hot right now. I am sweating all over, and I can't move or do anything because it will wake up someone. Also, the people on the other side of the wall are hammering nails into the wall, and that is kind of annoying too.
I had five guys for dinner. I have heard amazing things about this place, and then when I finally eat there, all I wanted to do was say "eh. it tastes like a burger". I think I am either spoiled or apathetic. Either way, it can't bode well for me seeing as how everyone I know loves it. Even the god damned vegans. psh.
After dinner I went and played smash brothers. It was a lot of fun. I had forgotten how fun that game actually was, because I hadn't played it in so long. I bet it is even fun by yourself, and that is definitely the best test for a game's playability...alone time. Every game is more fun when you have other people playing it with you. I was 2nd place on almost every round of the game, which isn't bad saying as how I was button smashing the whole time. Hurrah for button smash!
After a few games of Smash, I needed a pick me up(AKA caffeine) so all of us walked to Red Eye cafe. For some reason, the person whos house we were at thought that they lived relatively close to this coffee place. They were mistaken. They lived like 7 blocks away. I know that isn't far to all you city people, but to people who live in Tallahassee in the summer, that is an eternity away. And not to mention really gross after the first two blocks because of the mugginess.
The coffee/chai was good, and after a brief discussion on Russia, Education, and Government leftism, we were wiped, and walked back to my car.

Not bad, not bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment