Monday, August 3, 2009

cleaning out the cobwebs

So, this weekend was pretty good. I helped my coworker decide over which couch to get, and the one that she picked was a brown faux-leather couch ( to work with her pro animal stance). I had a party at my place that was thrown in honor of my roomies birthday. We had a lot of gaming going on for the first bit, but after the pong was broken out, the real chaos began. My roomie found out he is a sevant at playing beer pong, but just not that keen on drinking. Maybe that was his tactic, to avoid drinking the beer at all costs. We also had a pie eating contest ( with no hands allowed), and a pinata full of adult fun stuff. It was a pretty fun party, but after a few hours of doing too many drinking games, I was ready for bed. I also wasn't feeling well to begin with, with a massive eye watering headache, and other physical pains, so drinking didn't help that.

The next morning, my boyfriend went with his family to go scalloping, and because of more headaches and a copius amount of cleaning/errands to do, I didn't go. I instead went and had my car alligned, and my oil filter changed, and all my other fluids toped off, and all that fun stuff... I then spent some time on myself and had my eyebrows tinted and waxed. Now, this is my first time to have eyebrow tinting done, but the change looks really natural, and I am glad I don't have to spend hours a week drawing in color. Then I came home, and cleaned. At this point, I didn't really want to spend time with "the boys" at my house, so I called up the coworker who had just recieved her couch, and we watched last chance harvey. It was either a 6.5 0r 7 out of 10. After getting licked by her dog and laughing at the absurdities of wagging tails and bunny runs, it was past my bedtime, and I went home to find a very sunburned and tired boyfriend.

On Sunday, we woke up and made some coffee, and blueberry pancakes. MMMM. I heart a boy who likes cooking. :) Then we were cheap, and saw an early showing of "The Ugly Truth". This was a pretty cute movie, even to guys (my boyfriend laughed louder than I did at some parts).. I give that movie a 7.5 out of 10. we came home, and I did some cleaning around the house, while he cleaned the scallops that he had caught the day before.

Overall, a pretty good weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment