Friday, July 24, 2009

Its almost fun!

Today, I am officially nervous. My parents are coming up to see me, meet my boyfriend, and eat brunch with his parents. Oh lordy lordy. I mean, I think I have had other boyfriends where my parents met their parents, but I don’t think that it was like this, where you had to make a special trip to go see them, and ask awkward questions about each other, and things like that. My boyfriend says that he doesn’t really care what my parents think of him, but just knowing that he likes me a lot is good… I don’t really agree with him. I was a nervous wreck meeting his parents for the first time. I wondered what they thought of me, weather they all hated me, if they thought I was weird for living in a foreign land.. all of it. I guess there really isn’t much I can do but be myself ( and him himself) and just work it from there.

In other news, at work today, a few office friends and I got together and decorated our coworker’s car for his birthday. We put paper streamers all over, and balloons, and even put up a poster saying happy birthday and his age for all to see. If that wasn’t enough, we put flyers up in all the elevators with a picture of his head and happy birthday on it. I wonder how many people will laugh, or email him a happy birthday message. It is what we have to do to keep ourselves entertained in our office, and oddly enough, his name is one of the characters of “the office”… hmmmm.. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment